I’m very thankful for the lessons, experiences, and blessings I received on 2015. I am thankful to have made it this far with good health, a loving family, and a life full of happiness, love and harmony.
As I have entered a new year, I like to look back at this past year and think about what I like, don’t like so I can making changes accordingly. Overall, 2015 was a great year where I was able to grow personally and professionally. Even though some events may seem as setbacks, failures, or misfortunes, I believe my life is getting aligned with what I’ve always wanted.
On 2015, I was able to experience becoming a parent, one of the best feelings in life. I decided to quit my full time office job so I could work from home and be able to spend more time with my son. I was able to manage working from home/coffee shop while becoming more efficient on my production. Not only that, but I was able to make a full gradual transition from working for someone at the beginning of the year to working for myself by the end of the year. Not everything went as planned, but it has worked well this far. We were able to do a little bit of travel as a family, something I want to continue doing. One thing that excites me the most is that I was able to make progress on the expansion of a couple of ventures I have going on. 2016 will definitely be a big year of calculated risk and hard work.
On 2016, I have many goals for both personal and professional growth. 2015 set the start of many things, I hope I am able to find the strength and ability to continue while making the right choices. 2015 introduced me to parenthood, one of my priorities is to be a great dad while being able to maintain my personal sanity because of all the ambitions I have set out for myself to do. But as always, I like to aim high because even if I fail I will still be in good shape :)
Below I will list a few of my goals, but I must say, keeping / maintaining my good physical and mental health are always a priority, those are no longer goals for me.
Here are only a few of my personal goals
- Find the courage – I will make big decisions this year, I hope I find the courage
- Stay humble
- Ask for help – I can no longer try to do everything on my own, if I want to grow I must do this.
- Ignore the critics – Become better at ignoring haters
- Say NO more often – reject people that waste / don’t value my time
- Decorate my home office
- Clean out / decorate my garage
- Buy SUV paid in full
- Travel as a family at least twice this year, at least one being a new destination
Here are only a few of my professional goals
- Speak at more than two events
- Join the board / committee for a professional group
- Write and Publish first E-Book
- TCB – Efficiency and process. Focus on increasing profit margins while maintaining growth.
- Pitch business to Calling all Dreamers
- Start 2-3 new ventures
- Learn Real Estate Investing