I have come up with a list of a leisure goals for 2014, goals that I wish to work on and complete during my spare time. All of these are good to have, but not needed, and I will be more lenient on myself if I do not complete any of these.
I have a list of professional and more personal goals as well, but I do not wish to put them on the Web at the moment.
- Take a motorcycle course and get the license. Buying a motorcycle will not be a priority this year, but I would like to be prepared
- Continue taking salsa dance courses and go from beginner to intermediate
- Read at least 1 book every two months, total of 6 a year. Open Topics: Business, Marketing, World Travel / Culture, Nature, Religion, Hobbies
- Practice a new language. I would like to learn Mandarin Chinese since it has the most number of speakers in the world, but I know that’s being far too ambitious.
My second choice is French.
- Become knowledgeable on Wine. I often drink wine, but I would like to become knowledgeable on the topic
- Become knowledgeable on Beer
- Become knowledgeable on Fine foods
- Become knowledgeable on Cigars
- Presentations / Public speaking. Record myself speaking and work on flaws.
- Expanding vocabulary – new word a day
- Reading poetry
Update: I’ve had some time to think about it, and it will be pointless spending valuable time learning French. Traveling to France is not in my interest, and there are not many French in California. Other than sounding cool when I say I’m studying French, I see no benefit. Therefore, it’s go big or go home – Chinese Mandarin it is!